“[L]andscape . . . is just as much if not more alive as you but in a totally different form . . . it subsists primarily in silence, stillness and solitude – if you attend to it and go towards it with an open heart and a real watchful reverence you will be absolutely amazed at what it will reveal to you.”
- John O’Donohue
The Land Conservation and Advocacy Trust provides legal support, fiscal sponsorship and technical assistance to help preserve open spaces, farm land, historic places and architecture, natural resources, and to promote sustainability and smart-growth ideals that foster these land conservation values. We work closely with land trusts, other stewardship organizations, and on our own initiative so that we can act quickly when other resources are not available to pursue these ideals.
Founded in 2008, LCAT is a non-profit organization based in Massachusetts and works with local conservation and preservation interests throughout the United States.
- Donate to the LCA Trust – every penny helps conserve more land!*
- Join our Ground Force
- Put an LCAT banner ad on your website
- Volunteer your time and skill
- Join the LCA Trust Cause on Facebook
- Follow LCA Trust on Twitter (@preserveland)
- Read our Blog to learn what we care about
- Add your images to our Flickr Group